Outreach Adult Day Program
The Outreach Adult Day Program is a social recreational program designed to optimize an individuals functional abilities and level of independence, thereby enabling them to remain in their home/community as long as possible. The program operates out of Harmer House, our senior's apartment complex, which provides a safe and secure environment for all applicants.
The Outreach program is funded by the Ministry of Health, Long-Term Care, as well as client fees and fundraising. Harmer House is a non-profit charitable organization.
Registered Charity: # 11929 5145 RR001
To encourage seniors to maintain their independence and stimulate mental,
and social skills in a dignified manner.
We achieve our goal by providing:
- Stimulating activities in a supportive group setting.
- Balanced exercise programs (both seated and standing).
- Nutritionally balanced hot lunch and snacks prepared in Harmer House kitchen and served in a warm and inviting dining room.
- Assistance with transportation to and from the program.
- Respite for caregivers.
- Opportunities for peer support and social interaction
- Foot care available for a fee.
Who is eligible?
- 60 years or older
- Requiring minimal assistance with the activities of daily living
- With mild Alzheimer's or related dementias
- Needing socialization and stimulation opportunities
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
Daily program fee is $21 - Includes 3 course hot lunch and 2 snacks
Transportation provided by Our Harmer House van is $10 round trip
For more information about our Outreach Program or to arrange a visit, please call the Program Coordinator.
Tel: (613) 726-8882 x223
Fax: (613) 726-9527